You are not required to use all the fields, which are displayed in Joomla Registration. You can register users in the following way.
- By Email Id Only : In this case you need to show only Email field, user will be registered with email and random password. In this case username and name will contain the email id.
- By Email Id and Password : By this user will be registered with email id and the password selected by user. In this case username and name will contain the email id.
- By Username, Email and Password.
- By Name, Username, Email, Password.
- By Name, Username, Email, Retype Email, Password, Retype Password.
Joomla Registration action can be configured as :
- You can Enable plugin for this action from plugin manager.
Process for creating Action is as follows:
- Go to Action tab and select Joomla Registration action by simply clicking on it.
- Click on Next Button and you will be redirected to Configuration Screen of Joomla Registration action, looks like as follows :
This Screen consists of Joomla Registration-Details and Parameters
- Details Section:- Title: Name for the action Instance.
- Published: It indicates the status of the app (published or not).
- Select Form: Form on which this action works.
- Required Approval: This parameter lets you decide whether to place approval request before sending verification code for resetting password. If you set this to YES then mail will be sent only after you approve it. And if this setting is set to NO then mail will be sent immediately after the form submission.
Parameters Section :-
- Email Field (Required):- Name of that html element in which user enters his/her mail id for Registration.
- Confirm Email Field:- Name of that html element in which user re-enters his/her mail id for Registration.
- Username Field:- Name of that html element in which user enters his/her User-Name for Registration.
- Password Field:- Name of that html element in which user enters his/her Password for Registration.
- Retype Password Field:- Name of that html element in which user Re-enters his/her Password for Registration.
- Name Field:- Name of that html element in which user enters his/her Name for Registration.
As shown in above snap, If anyone want to register with your site then he/she have to fill Email, Username and password in Registration Form(You have created).
Registration Form looks like:
Now when anyone submits Form after filling required information then a user will registered to your site with the specified details.