Creating multilingual websites requires translation of two parts i.e. Interface and Content. A language switcher is also required by which customer can choose his prefered language.
Translating Interface (e.g. form field labels) is simple. You install multiple language pack, and the interface can work in multiple languages. But Translating content (e.g. article, product, blog) is not straightforward. You need to create duplicate menus pointing to same content in different languages. After that in frontend visitor is presented menus related to current language. It requires more efforts and consistent approach, right from the start of website planning.
Let's explore an example of creating a store of 10 products in 3 languages Hindi, French and English -
- Using joomla core methodology you need to create 10 items in each language.
- Then you need to create menus for each item in each language.
- So you need to create 30 items and 30 menus for proper working of website.
- Need technical knowledge to create content element for each table which you want to translate, this will refer as DB Reference Eg create table for each one ie product, category, product attribute etc.
- Now create Translation for each content element e.g product in one of your specified language like in English.
- Repeat step b separately for each of the languages eg Hindi, French.
- Repeat steps b and c for all other content elements tables like category, product attribute etc.
- So if you have 10 products then you need to create content element of its table and all its translations.
- Additionally if table or its structure gets modified then you have to make changes in all existing data.
So Falang, JoomFish and other translating components helps you to simplifies the management of multilingual sites. They allows you to translate all aspects of your site element after element to language after language.
But the only drawback for this is - you need a dedicated component to manage your multilingual.
Using PayCart (Re-Imagined shopping cart) :
- Simply choose language from top and translate your data.
- Auto generated menu functionality is available for products and its categories, so no need to create menus at all.
- And believe it simply add translations of title and all your menu get auto translated in desired language.
Now what's best than this - If you have 10 products then you need just translations and all your products and menus get auto translated in multiple languages.
We believe shopping carts should change dramatically to suit new generation. We researched shopping carts, and re-imagined buyers & sellers experience. This experience have been weaved into a brand new shopping cart aka PayCart.
The PayCart provides the user with an intuitive and rich experience, sticking to the important principles of making a site multilingual with minimal efforts. If you have any advice to make it simpler than we are open to embrace your suggestions.